PROTECT YOUR LAW FIRM WITH KATANA AND COMPLY WITH THE GDPR
Law firms hold a wealth of confidential, personal and private information; it is a necessity of the profession. In recent years, the number of security breaches and data leaks involving personal data have steadily increased. On a daily basis, lawyers collect, process, store and destroy a large amount of personal data related to their clients, employees and partners.
Protecting confidential information in your possession is not just a best practice, it's the law! With the enforcement of the new European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on May 25, 2018, companies will incur reputational risk and in addition, fines of up to 20 million euros or 4% of their global turnover in case of non-compliance.
25% of breaches involve internal actors to the company
Source: 2017 Data Breach Investigations Report - 10th Edition
As a lawyer, if you process personal data of European citizens such as those listed below, you are directly impacted by the new European Data Protection Regulation.
- Client depositions
- Police reports
- Witness depositions
- HR Documents
- Plaintiff statements
Whether for the destruction of your archives after the 10 years of legal period of conservation, the establishment of a regular or punctual destruction service, for paper destruction or digital supports, Katana can help you get compliant.
THE RISKSThe risks for your law firm:
- Underestimate the importance of the data in your possession
- Data theft that can be expensive for your law firm and damage your reputation as well as that of your clients
- The transmission of data to the wrong people - The internal employees in charge of the destruction of documents (trainee, assistant, etc.) are often not entitled to access the data contained in these documents
- Documents pile up on desks and risk falling into the wrong hands
- When you change your photocopiers, some people may have access to your data via the hard drive
- Storing old hard drives even reformatted makes you vulnerable
HOW DOES THE KATANA SERVICE WORKS?
1. CONTAINERS PICK-UP
ONCE THE CONTAINERS ARE FULL, OUR TRUCK ARRIVES ON-SITE TO HANDLE THEM
2. WEIGHING & SCAN
OUR AGENTS WEIGH & SCAN THE CONTAINERS, OFFERING YOU A FULL TRACEABILITY
CONFIDENTIAL DOCUMENTS ARE SHREDDED INSIDE THE TRUCK, ON-SITE, BEFORE YOUR EYES
ONCE THE SHREDDING DONE, YOU WILL RECEIVE A DESTRUCTION & RECYCLING CERTIFICATE BY EMAIL
Services we typically recommend for legal professionals:
Our solutions will allow you to: